LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ghanshyam (student)     09 March 2012

Classes - refund declined

My Sister had enrolled herself for IMS Institute for CAT preparation Program on 15th October 2011 at their Branch at Vashi, The total amount paid by her for the said course was Rs. 31, 900/- 

My sister has not availed any of their services and had informed IMS INSTITUTE regarding her unwillingness to continue with the course the next day of admission 16th Oct 2012, and demanded Refund. I and my sister had visited their center many times, made many calls and wrote many emails but they fail to respond and just gave a future date of responding.

We have been constantly in touch with IMS INSTITUTE over the phone and have been constantly requesting them for the refund since the past 6 Months, later they agreeded for providing 50% of refund, which we declined coz, As we had not used any of their services, So we are entitled for a Complete Refund

And on this regards my Advocate had sent them a legal notice at their Head Office and at their Vashi Branch,To which they replied that, they cancel the 50% of refund and will not be giving any refund and if we took any legal action it will be more expensive for us.

It is a Hard earned money, Please advice how can we get our amount refunded.

Learning

5 Replies

sandeep sangwan (-----)     09 March 2012

Mr. Ghanshyam i think u have to go consumer fourm, which is less expensive and also u don't need any lawyer. u have to just produce the documents and other relevent evidence to prove yours case. All the best.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 March 2012

You may study the prospectus and go thru the clause on refund. If cancellation after the specific date ( as in your case date of admission ) is 50 % the institute has offered to refund 50%.

You have mentioned that after one day of filing the admission application you have informed the institute about cancellation. It is believed that you have informed in writing.

Your contention is that you have not availed any service.You can try by proposing nominal deduction of any administraive fee, and if the institute does not agree you may approach consumer forum.

Since you have already approached a lawyer your lawyer may also advice consumer forum.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     09 March 2012

You should approach to consumer forum.

Uttarakhand State commission has decided the same matter nad held-

Complainant student having secured admission in certain educational institution/university in certain course and having deposited requisite feesubsequently such student withdrawing from such course without joining the course- such student entitled to refund /return of such fee collected from such student after deducting of process of not more than Rs 1000/- in view of public notice vide circular dated 23-04-2007 issued by University Grant Commission- SCDRC-UAD-2011(2)-46.

Ghanshyam (student)     10 March 2012

Hello

I have typed & attached the notice which they had sned us, clearly mentioning and threatning us for taking any legal action as it will be expensive for us.

iam ready to go to consumer forum, it should not happen that the case goes against us, as we had signed the documents while admission.

if you go through the notice you will understand it in a better manner.

Please advice,

I Sincerly Thank you for your valueable advice.

Attached File : 294141166 ims-notice.doc downloaded: 128 times

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     10 March 2012

Mr. Ghanshayam After going through the answer of notice. I have to say that every condtion or even every contract is not legal in the eye of law. Contact with your lawyer and think over the matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register