LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Acharya (Engineer)     27 May 2011

Clarification about GPA

Hello All

I just wanted to know one simple thing. In case of land purchase, if the ancestral grandson sells his property through GPA while his son is minor. Can it be reclaimed back by the minor who is now major after 15 years? 

In such a case, is there any way to purchase such land with legal protection?




 3 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     27 May 2011

Only in case permission is granted by a court of competent jurisdiction to sell the minor's share it is safe else it is open to litigation.

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     27 May 2011

Dear Sandeep


The property can be sold by the seller (grandson) along with the natural guardian of the minor i.e.,(execution made on behalf of the minor also through the natural guardian). 


Such sale of property must be made for the benefit of the minor and in the paramount interest of the minor.  If sale is effected in such a way, then the sale is protected.  Otherwise permission must be sought from the court as stated by learned expert Mr. Vishal else it may lead to litigation.


Best regards,

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     28 May 2011

court permission is compulsory for that and after court order u can registred the document.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads