LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madhan   23 June 2015

City civil court chennai, case verdict/result details needed

I have OS number registered in the year of 1996 for which the result verdict issued on 2001 (i have the exact date of verdict) in Chennai city Civil court.    Its based on property partition suit.    The property belongs to my Grandfather (Mother's Father) I don't know about the case details.

I now, want to know the entire case verdict for the mentioned OS.  Is it possible to retract the case verdict ?? what is the procedure to obtain it.  

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 June 2015

File a copy application in the concerned court office with the case number correctly. Obtain the complete verdict in a week time.

Madhan   23 June 2015

To Apply for Copy document, do i need to be related with the case (need to provide in proof in terms) 

I had seen there are several websites had opened to view case history , verdicts of high courts and supreme courts. Whether they are really providing option for people to view the exact court orders ??

cyberlawyer (barrister)     12 July 2015

Actually Mr.madhan has asked a good question and the answer for the same is the need for the hour. If a relative of the decree holder or judgment debtor needs a copy of the judgment, is it possible to apply for certified copies by engaging an advocate without obtaining any consent from the counsel who appeared for the suit ?. 

If that is possible kindly provide me relevant citations as this is a big headache when the party has not filed appeal for a prolonged period and wants to appeal through a new advocate. When a lis is pending, it is incumbent upon the litigant to obtain no objection from the previous counsel to handover the brief to the new counsel. 

But when it comes to obtaining  a judgment copy after the suit is disposed of, it is not clear as to whether this formality is mandatory or not . 

Learned members kindly clarify....

Madhan   14 July 2015

I am not sure, if this community is really interested to reply this question??  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register