LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MainLawSeeker   26 March 2018

Child custody when kid below 5 years

Hi Seniors, I am from Delhi. Me and my wife had differences and living separately but my 4

yr daughter is with me. Its been 3 months and now suddenly she is trying her ways to

separate the kid frm me now. As her hindu HM law if kid is above 5 yrs custody can be

contested hotly but what are the chances currently. Kindly guide as my kid is in school

and very comfortable in the environment and i dont want her to go thru the mental trauma

which will be caused when she will understand what is happen

Learning

9 Replies

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     26 March 2018

Firstly, do not under any circumstances allow the child to be separated from you.  The very fact that the child is staying with you since the last few months and is comfortable may turn things in your favour when the issue of custody is being decided. As far as the law is concerned, the welfare and wellbeing of the child overrides any statutory provison.  Eitherways, the law nowhere says that custody of a child below 5 years cannot be fought for.  

A million thanks for the reply and the kind suggestion which has morally given me a boost at this emotional juncture of life.

Though I have recoreded evidence of my no mistake for my desertion neither money related nor abusive violent but still what if they file some false 498a / dv just to trouble me and can such false allegation make them get back the kid from me ??

Is this how it works or is it like, I can with full force deny to hand over kid to them as I strongly feel my kid is really unsafe and she is going down emotionally when I am not around. I am worried because evry where i read they say women can use legal system due to the current laws favoring them and frame me with false cases and get over the custody to them. I am not afraid of any cases though, all I am worried is my kid shd not know what is going on here as she is so tender I will not be able to firgive myself if she is affected mentally. All my efforts to calm down the situation and lead normal life has gone to dogs. No hopes of a normal family and my kid has to accept it one point,,,i want tht to happen as  a normal acceptance than a big mess and emotional drama. hope I could convey my feelings as a parent. 

We are married for 8 years and kid age is 4 years. Separation period is 3 months. No cases are filed either side as of now. Just arguments and discussions happening to settle the matter outside court for which I am denying bcos i wont have a minor thought too to leave the kid with them. I have always been open to them to resolve the issue and come and rejoin the family but she wont. Instead they r blackmailing me with force. I dont have any ray of hope in life apart from my kid. After all she is the reason for my existence.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 March 2018

The welfare of child is of paramount concern and consideration for courts...

The courts may want to speak to child...

If child is comfortable with you, child can express so...

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 March 2018

Get in touch with a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Family matters and having successful track record ... and worth his/her salt.... and show the  case file and give inputs in person..

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     26 March 2018

Originally posted by : MainLawSeeker
A million thanks for the reply and the kind suggestion which has morally given me a boost at this emotional juncture of life.

Though I have recoreded evidence of my no mistake for my desertion neither money related nor abusive violent but still what if they file some false 498a / dv just to trouble me and can such false allegation make them get back the kid from me ??

Is this how it works or is it like, I can with full force deny to hand over kid to them as I strongly feel my kid is really unsafe and she is going down emotionally when I am not around. I am worried because evry where i read they say women can use legal system due to the current laws favoring them and frame me with false cases and get over the custody to them. I am not afraid of any cases though, all I am worried is my kid shd not know what is going on here as she is so tender I will not be able to firgive myself if she is affected mentally. All my efforts to calm down the situation and lead normal life has gone to dogs. No hopes of a normal family and my kid has to accept it one point,,,i want tht to happen as  a normal acceptance than a big mess and emotional drama. hope I could convey my feelings as a parent. 

She can file all criminal complaints in the world but whether she would get reliefs depends on whether she is able to make out a case. I can advise you not to hand over your kid as right now there is no litigation pending between the both of you.  Once the litigation starts then no such action can be taken and everything depends on the directions of the Court. 

If you dont want your kid to be affected, reach an amicable settlement with your wife.  However, no matter what you do, there is a strong possibility of the custodian parent brainwashing the child against the non-custodian parent. 

1 Like

MainLawSeeker   29 March 2018

Mam,Thank you for the reply. 

One of my friends reference who is an advocate was suggesting to file a caveat petition in the court to avoid unneccessary cases / some child custody case if they will file going forward. Can you please let me know if this is a workable solution. Will the Caveat have powers to safeguard the child so they dont take away from me. Kindly guide me .

Dear Seniors,

In continuation to the query I asked, can u pls guide me as I see in the below case, mentioned in the link below a father got the custoday under XXXIX RULE 1&2 R/W SECTION 94(C) & 151 CPC.

Will I be able to get the same decree for  me since I have the child custody for over 3 months now?? 

pls see below link..   

https://www.kaanoon.com/22174/custody-of-4-years-child-under-xxxix-rule-1-2-r-w-section-94-c

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register