Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Saha (CEO)     08 September 2017

chequebounce and recovery suit

My friend settled the cheque bounce case against him by paying disputed amount to the complainant thru court. Onthe same day he received summons from a civil court for the recovery suit filed by the same complainant. Matter is same. Is matter infectious and be ignored? Or he has to join civil proceedings?


 6 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     08 September 2017

Has any settlement was recorded? Was the payment was to settle the cheque amount? Your friend may appear in court and intimate the court that about the payment of cheque amount. Sidharth 9811776422

Ankit Saha (CEO)     08 September 2017

Sir, payment was to settle cheque bounce amount. DD was given to court and given to complainant. So recovery suit is infectious?

pankaj verma   08 September 2017

relief will b one time.....go and show the order of the said case in court.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     08 September 2017

It depends on circumstance of case. Details are required to be examined.

mukul kumar   09 September 2017

Hi..My Brother in law was a lawyer and he died on 11 th July . There was a pending payment from one client and he gave one cheque with Date and Name mentioned on it , a few days before my Brother in law died. Pls advise can his wife now deposit the cheque into brother in law account ( they do not informed the bank about his death ,so account is still active)

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 September 2017

If I were the person placed in such a situation, I would have deposited the cheque, instead of coming here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query