Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Pandey (Proprietor)     14 August 2012

Cheque stop payment case

Dear Sir,

I have started my firm Tara management Consultants in May 2007 and subscribed for the Timesjob Portal for which (used to access resumes of the candidates to provide job). I have given few post dated cheques of amount 7500/- each to be paid in advance for the services. First cheque was cleared and the service was started but immediately I found that the services was not given which was promised that time by the executive Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. I asked him to return the cheques but the second cheque was already deposited and I was forced to make the stop payment and it got bounced. Also the services was also stopped immediately. I tried to contact Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX but later found that he has resigned the company and joined some other organisation.

The place I was operating from was on lease for 11 months. The owner was a senior 65 years old person Mr.YYYYYYYYYY, who has sent a vulgar email to one of my female employee due to which there was lot of problem raised. And I decided to change the location of the office. Still I tried to contact the company for refund of the cheques but non of them were refunded and I was forced to make stop payment of all the cheques.

I have not received any letter or mails from the company after that.

On 19th July 2012 evening I received a call from Mr XXXXXXXXXXXX( Police Officer from Delhi Police ) who informed me that he wanted to give me Court's Summon to appear on 14th August 2012 at Tis Hazari Court Delhi with Case No. XXXX / XXXX and the Honourable Judge is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Immediately I started searching for the legal depatrtment and contacted them by mail giving them the exact details as above.

They called me on 13th August 2012 and told me that now I will not be able to reach Delhi so I should go to Mumbai office and pay there 5000/-.

Now

1. They have not given me any details of anything.

2. Case number is also not tracable from the websites of Delhi Courts.

3. I have been repeatedely asked for the money since 13rh August 2012 but not ready to give the details of the cheque bounce.

4. threatning given for the Nan Bailable Warrent issuance from the Court.

5. When the cheque has bounced and services has been stopped for what they are demanding the money now.

PLEASE ADVICE

Amit Pandey

Learning

2 Replies

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     14 August 2012

Where are you placed ??

How many total cheques ??

Did you receive the notice by post ??

Did you receive the summon by post ??

finally is it worth fighting the case ??

Amit Pandey (Proprietor)     14 August 2012

Dear Sir,

I am at Badlapur, Near Mumbai.

There were approx 18 cheques

I have not recieved any notice by post.

I have not recieved the summon by post. 

Pls advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register