New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satyan manuja (self)     14 February 2010

Cheque paid

I lost duly signed cheque and leter on the cheque is cleared.   Can I take any action. 


 8 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     14 February 2010

you didn't disclose that on whom favour the cheque was signed.

1 Like

Satyan manuja (self)     14 February 2010

 cheque is self

A V Vishal (Advocate)     14 February 2010

Even the cheque is self generally if the words bearer are not struck off, the bank has power to pay such instrument. In case the cheque was lost you had to immediately inform the bank for stop payment  in your case it looks you have not taken sufficient care and steps about the signed cheque or its loss.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     15 February 2010

Yes you should inform to bank .

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     15 February 2010

You can also file a complaint against an unknown person who encasehd it without your intention to pay. Let the Police investigate the matter and keep doing follow up of your complain.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     15 February 2010

While encashng, signature would have been obtained on the back side of the cheque.You can just verify  the identity, if known to you.If the amount is sweet, go in for police complaint.

Satyan manuja (self)     15 February 2010

cheque is cleared 25 days back and i am not able to identify the sign.

Satyan manuja (self)     15 February 2010

can i take any action 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register