LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashique (Self Employed)     22 October 2014

Cheque bounce case

I have filed a case against a person who took 5lakh from me and issued a post paid cheq of 5lakh. In the afidavit I had stated that the accused asked for a loan and I had paid to him in cash. The accused had indeed signed the cheque himself. Now in cross examination the accused's lawyer told me that loan means that I am a money lender and I should have license and submit my tax returns. However the Magistrate told me that in cheq bounce case the question of money lending or source of funds does not arise. Only the case should be legally enforciable. 

Now what sections can my lawyer quote against the argument of the accused lawyer?

What should I say in my statement in cross examination regarding the loan, and can I say tht I have not taken any interest and hence it does not fall under money laundering?

Also the accused's lawyer said that the cheq was only issued as security and hence a bill of exchange. What argument can we give against this ?

Thanx in advance

Learning

6 Replies

chowdary (Advocate)     23 October 2014

No varri you can win the case

C.Shanmugam (x)     23 October 2014

Sir,

You may say it is  friendly hand loan given to him without any interest

I have given cash Rs.5 lakh and get  a cheque only the principle amount from him .. Get advise from your advocate.

C. Shanmugam. .

Ashique (Self Employed)     23 October 2014

Thank you for the suggestion. However I have given him a receipt of taking interest but signature on that receipt is not what is given on the court, also in that receipt no mention of the loan, nor is there any revenue stamp on the receipt, will there be any problem because of the receipt I had given to accused when he paid a small amount in the beginning

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 October 2014

You are repeatedly posting contradictory and hypothetical queries on different threads, all your queriescan be answered by your lawyer properly,better take him into confidence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register