LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

OldWine007 (Service)     05 August 2012

Cheating valuables

One person called himself a Guru  - posing himself as if he has some supernational power - asked my uncle to keep all his jewellary and other valuable in a box in my uncle's house. The Guru promised to double the value of the items in the box even without touching the box. My uncle did this by keeping Rs. 500000 worth of his belonging into the box. The Guru used to come to my uncle's house for 15 days to do some management of the box in presence of my uncle. After 15 days he stopped coming. My uncle opened the box and found nothing in there. He tracked the Guru but the Guru says he knows nothing and the box was in the house of my uncle and guru did not open that. Guru offered puja etc. in presence of my uncle without touching the box. So the guru rejected any liability to give back the valuable to my uncle.

In the above senario, what my uncle can do? Is it a Criminal Case with breach of trust? how to prove it? The guru may ger bail immediately and what time limit is required to get the valuables back? Is it wise to go to the police without going to the court as the guru wants the case to be drawn to court knowing fully that this case will take ages to come to any conclusion and my uncle would stop persuing the case after sometime.

Please help.

Learning

1 Replies

Yudhish Padman S (Advocate (Madras High Court) 9566217446)     05 August 2012

Lodge an FIR with the Police.  State that you suspect this person -Guru-.  Let the Police investigate the rest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register