LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deekshit Kumar (private)     01 June 2019

Cheating government

Dear Sirs,

What penal sections are attracted if a citizen provides wrong information to the government so as to enjoy government schemes, such as Indiramma house, ration cards, etc.

Do they fall under criminal acts, if so what sections that are attracted for the same and can an FIR booked on such persons if proper evidence is available.

In such cases, any action can be taken against government employees who provided the same without proper enquiry.




 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 June 2019

You can bring the notice to the commissioner of the concerned departments. The commissioners will take action. Submit your clear complaint with evidences. You may get rewards.

Vinit Nair (Advocate Vinit Nai   02 June 2019

Yes government employees will be liable under prevention of corruption act if any connivance with the private person accused comes on record. They will be liable under Indian Penal Code if any loss is occurred to the Exchequer. They will be liable u/s 420 for cheating, if any forged documents are submitted by the accused then 467, 468 will be attracted and if there is any falsification of accounts with the help of such documents then 471 of Indian Penal Code will be attracted. For Government Employees u/s 13(1)(d) r/w 13(2) of Prevention of Corruption Act.

Note: If they are Central Government employees then CBI will investigate the matter, if State Government employees are involved then Anti Corruption Bureau(ACB).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register