LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Darshan Kumar   28 August 2021

Cheating by car dealer

Hi, I am an mbbs intern doctor,, I have purchased a second hand car skoda rapid car on April 12th 2021from a dealer ,while purchasing he mentioned not even a single problem with the car and zero accident but now I got to know car has met with accident 3 times and it has repainted and they have changed the kilometer reading also, after buying the car , due to Corona issue lockdown has der so I couldn't find any problem , but now I am facing one by one problems that I couldn't afford because I purchased it for 520000 by loan(120000₹ down payment and ₹400000 loan ), I asked that dealer to repair the problems or sell it back atleast,, for that he is scolding me now I can't do anything it's not my problem just get out, like he has changed his attitude while,buying he was so humble and polite but now at one point he is asking who are you ... please give me a solution for me, after this issue I have become sick mentally by thinking all the day with these people how they are cheating and playing with our emotion and money...


 3 Replies

Sanjeev Menon   28 August 2021

1. Have a notice issued to the dealer putting forth the facts and cautioning him against initiation of proceedings on failure to make good/indemnify the losses or return the amount and take back the car. 2. Initiate proceedings before the appropriate consumer forum. 3. As it seems, going by your query, that the car was repainted and meter reading was recaliberated deliberately in order to deceive you about the condition and value of the car, you may also consider filing a police complaint.
1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 August 2021

find a local lawyer and seeking advise and act accordingly

SUCHETA SAHA   29 August 2021

you get maximum protection from law if your seller is authorised. he is bound to sort out any problems if the car fails to meet the basic requirements. The law prohibits any authorized dealer from 1) giving false information 2) Giving insufficient information 3) Acting aggressively.
Here in your case he has done same thing so it's a fraudulent case.
You have to keep ready Form 28, 29, 32, 35 & original copies of the insurance policy as evidence.
Then file a case District Consumer Redressal Forum (DCDRF) according to consumer Forum Act 1986.
1) At first sent the dealer a notice.
2) If he is not willing to offer any compensation then file a formal complaint under the above mentioned Act.
You don't need necessarily a lawyer for that work.
3) Attach relevant document.
you can do all the work online also. Just register in the official website.
Thank you.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register