LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANURADHA JAYENA   14 July 2022

Cheat by cars24

Myself, Anuradha Jayena, purchased a VW Polo vehicle made 2019 from Cars24 on 6th April 2022.

My escalation related to providing false information about the car and selling it to us.

In Cars24 it was stated, that the car goes under 140 points of inspection and it was with 0 imperfections, accident-free. Based on the trust on Cars24 I agreed and purchased the car with an ODO reading below 17000KMS

Since Day1 I am facing a lot many issues with the car. Since there was a warranty provided, I feel those can be resolved by Cars24 under warranty and dropped an email to cars24 regarding this. Cars24 replied they can't provide service in my location as asked to bring the car to Hyderabad for repair services.

So I approached VW Visakhapatnam for doing repairs of my own. After investigation, they said the issues with GearBox and Engine

I was shocked and asked them to investigate engine and gearbox issues deeply as the car was less driven. They pulled the history of the car and informed me the car was met with an accident on Jan 2021 with radiator leakage and reached the workshop of VW Deccan Hyderabad by towing. Accident repair is done by the VW Deccan, Hyderabad, and informed the previous owner that the engine needs to be replaced due to the run of the engine without coolant and the engine was seized. The previous owner denied and took back the vehicle as of condition.

I requested VW Vizag to check the engine and gearbox status and whether it was repaired. From here I came to know that the engine having this car was replaced unofficially and the replaced engine number was tampered with. The gearbox was repaired (In VW, gearboxes come repair-free until the life of the car, and repairs are guaranteed to work properly).

Here I am demanding Cars24 to react ASAP on this issue for selling me a car with an illegal engine and failing 140-point checklist.

Can any once provide legal suggestions on the same to take against Cars24?

Learning

4 Replies

Vikram Chandra (Advocate)     14 July 2022

Dear Anuradha, It is a fit case of seling defective product, you can collect the evidences from the showroom and file a case before the consumer forum and claim damages from Cars24 for giving you the faulty product and claim the damages also.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     14 July 2022

Yes. File a case against the car's24 company in District Consumer Forum.

Yogendra Pratap Singh   15 July 2022

Hi Anuradha, Firstly you should collect as much evidence as possible, record videos, click photos, and as the VW Vizag people to write down on a paper and give their pension officially.

After collecting enough evidence, approach the cars24 place where you bought the car and ask for total return and other damages.

or You can approach an advocate with the collected evidence and ask him t send a legal notice to cars24.

I hope it helps.

VENKATA MOHANA RAO PATHAKOTA (PRACTICING ADVOCATE AT HIGH COURT OF TELANGANA AND ANDHRA PRADESH)     25 July 2022

You have a good case. You may reach out @ 8297877977

High Court of Andhra Pradesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register