IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajiv Bahl   09 May 2021

chargesheet not filed.

what can one do if police is not filing chargesheet.


 9 Replies

Law Point   09 May 2021

1. you may move to high court for quashing on the same ground.
2. notify the relevant court about non filing of chargesheet

manoj   10 May 2021

If you want I can arrange an advocate from Delhi  to follow your Criminal Case

V E Manoj Kumar

High Court Advocate

Cell No 8686159292


Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     10 May 2021

State the fact, 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 May 2021

Wait and watch for filing of charge sheet,

It can neither be expedited nor quashed by moving to High Court in criminal writ petition as advised.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     10 May 2021

What are the facts of the case?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 May 2021

File RTI Application and seek reasons on record the status of the investigation, copy of such report and statements,  the reasons on the record for not filing charge sheet within the time frame.  Depending on the reply make a formal grievance to the designated grievance officer.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 May 2021

An indefeasible right accrues in favour of the accused for being released on bail if the police fails to complete the probe and no charge-sheet is filed within the period of 90 days or 60 days as the case may be, under Section 167 (2) of Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 May 2021

What are the facts? What is the context?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 May 2021

Write an application to the Superintendent of Police concerned, by post under clause 3, Section 154 and Section 36 of the Criminal Procedure Code who in case of a cognizable offence, can either investigate the case himself or direct any police officer subordinate to him to investigate the case.

The time limit to file charge sheet is related to arrest of the accused in the case. The charge sheet is to be filed within 60 days from the date of arrest of the accused in cases triable by lower courts and 90 days in cases triable by Court of Sessions. 

When an application for bail is filed by an accused for enforcement of his indefeasible right alleged to have been accrued in his favour on account of default on the part of the investigating agency in completion of the investigation within the specified period, the Magistrate/court must dispose of it forthwith, 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query