Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harini S (FM)     30 May 2011

change of name

Hi,

I am a native of tamilnadu but residing in AP since 1985. Though my education was in TN, my ration card, passport, driving licence and voter id card are issued in AP. I applied for name change with the local AP MRO office but was informed that since i am a native of TN, the MRO cannot give a clearance certificate in AP. Kindly advise the further course of action. Should I now apply for change of name in Tamilnadu or is there any other procedure in AP?

Learning

2 Replies

Mahesh S Kotian (mmm)     31 May 2011

I am not a Lawyer.But I know that change of name is not so complicated.All you have to do is make an affidavit before Notary and publish in a local News paper and one State News paper.Later on apply for a new passport.Once you get a new passport your name change is legalised as passport is a Legal Document.This is the procedure followed in Karnataka.You can also publish in State Gadget .Later on you have to change your in all documents which is a tedious job.

Harini S (FM)     31 May 2011

Thanks Mr. Mahesh. I do understand that it is a simple yet time consuming process. All the pre-requisites with respect to affidavit and other documentation has been filed with the MRO and he only has to give a memo certifying our citizenship in India and not even AP but he still says that it is not in his jurisdiction!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register