Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shanthosh (Student)     30 November 2014

Ceiling land : whether self acquired property?

My Grand Mother has three daughters , 1. Elder Daughter 2. My Mother 3. Younger Daughter . In 1974 By some land Ceiling Act, My Grand Mother  got 3 Acres through it . In 1988 she has written all the 3 Acres to Younger Daughter where my mother and elder daughter did not sign that document. In 2007 Younger daughter sold all the 3 Acres to someone. Now is it possible to do anything from my Mother Side . My Grand Mother Still Alive , We are taking care of her , Now Grand Mother is in favor of us and she is ready to come to court since younger daughter did not take care her . we are Hindu's .

Question

1. Please provide us some solutions based on the above query ?

2. Whether Land got through Land Ceiling Act comes under Self Acquired Property ?

3. If it is not a self acquired property then on whom we have to file a case?

4. If it is a self acquired property then is there any chance for us in favor of us?

5. Is there any chance for us to get something either in the from of land or money from any party ( Either Younger daughter or the person who got land ) ?

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 December 2014

Since your grandmother acquired the property, it became her self acquired property, thereby she had full rights to dispose it in favor f her third daughter alone.  Upon inheriting the property, the third daughter became an absolute owner of that property by virtue of law of women's property.  therefore, the action of disposal by the third daughter is absolutely valid in the eyes of law and cannot be challenged in any form, so no cause of action arises for all your queries.

1 Like

shanthosh (Student)     04 December 2014

@ Kalaiselvan

Thanks a lot sir for your reply :)

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 December 2014

You are welcome for your appreciations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register