LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T.V.MANIAN (SENIOR MANAGER(Retd) Nationalised Bank)     19 November 2014

Case against airtel in consumer court

One of friend was  having a grievance of belated activation of ISD service by AIRTEL. The complaint was not redressed, hence it was appealed to the Appellate Authority of AIRTEL. Still the issue is not resolved. The reply given by Appellate authority is not convincing/addressing the main issue. He wanted to file a case in the consumer court. In the mean while he told one of his friends told that s per SOME SUPREME COURT ORDER/ DECISION//JUDGEMENT/ case cannot be filed in the consumer court for matters relating to mobile phones.

Is it correct ? can anybody help my friend.


 7 Replies

C.Shanmugam (x)     19 November 2014



You may send your grievances to TRAI and they will take action against Airtel..  Still If you have not satisfied the action taken by TRAI, you may go to Consumer Court. Please note, time limit for filing complaint in the Consumer Court is 2 Years from the date of last date of reply from AirTel .



e mail:

Deepak Mohata (Service)     19 November 2014

Dear Sir You can put in your complaint online on , put the complaint under department of telecommunications you will surely get redressal. Regards Deepak

cyberlawyer (barrister)     19 November 2014

Do you think TRAI will even atleast forward the complaint to Airtel ?. They are the supporters for these companies and you wont get redressal through this route.

You may seek redressal through the mode advised by Deepak Ji

sharat (partner)     20 November 2014

Kindly provide the reply you received from Airtel regarding your complaint

sharat (partner)     20 November 2014

Kindly provide the reply you received from Airtel regarding your complaint

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2014

Thus, as advised, you may exhaust the remedies available before the TRAI in this regard and then explore the possibility to initiate legal action through consumer forum.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 November 2014

DOT has already issued notification that DCDRF can decide such cases. Your lawyer would be having the details. Follow the advice of experts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register