Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahadevan (General Manager Operations)     27 March 2011

Cancelling My Vakalath

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have engaged a Advocate in order to reply to a Civil Suit given by my mother over my father's property.

Now we in our family have come to a conclusion to settle this issue out of the court.  Thus my mother is willing to cancel the Civil Suit at the earliest.

However my advocate is not willing to either cancel the Vakalath I have given to him or file for a compromise.  Hence I would like to have answers for the following:

1. How long does it take to get a judgement in case of filing for a compromise?
  2. Can I change the advocate of my choice?
  3. Is Advocate's fees related to cancellation of vakalath? My Advocate insists me to make the payment (which is a huge amount for a period of 10 months).
  4. What are the procedures to in filing for a compromise or cancelling the vakalath?

Kindly throw some light on this, as we want to close the issue at the earliest.

Regards,

M.D

Learning

7 Replies

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     27 March 2011

1. How long does it take to get a judgement in case of filing for a compromise?

file application in the court that the issue has settled by the mutuel concent prey to decided it in PARMANENT LOK ADALAT!

Can I change the advocate of my choice?

changing the lawyer in every stage is yr absoulet right ,just file an application in the court that from (date) u r changing yr lawyer!

Is Advocate's fees related to cancellation of vakalath? My Advocate insists me to make the payment (which is a huge amount for a period of 10 months).

is in this matter the fee of the lawyer  is on a agreement ?

if yes then is it in black and white?

even if ur fee is a contract then you can move application before the court to change yr lawyer,and cancil the service of so called advocate!

What are the procedures to in filing for a compromise or cancelling the vakalath?

just file an application with all needed ingridients before the court !

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     27 March 2011

If your mother does not want to continue with the case let her file a memo that  settled out of court suit may kindly be disposed off.  It is more than sufficient.  

Mahadevan (General Manager Operations)     29 March 2011

Sir,

Thank you for your valuable reply.  Is there any application form in order to change the advocate or just we can send a letter to the court stating on the above.

suryagaurav (manager)     01 April 2011

a simple application would suffice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register