LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arjun Boddu   24 March 2018

Can we claim Partition deed now on already registered property 3 years ago ..?

My Grand father bought a property 25 years ago. He ha 3 sons and 4 daughters .he died on 2004. Through Inheritance in 2014 my grand mother registered that property to her only 3 sons. Recently she died. Now their 4 daughters have filed a partition deed stating that that property belongs to us also.. My Grand mother have gifted with her consent only. It was registered on their sons since 3 years ago. So It belongs to the sons only..?? or daughters have any right to claim against that property..??


 2 Replies

Ritu rawat   26 March 2018

Daughters right on property started only after the amendment of 2005, so in case your father died in 2004, and his property was divided in equal share among your grandmother and her 3 sons, there is no illegality in that.

Yusuf Rampurawala   03 April 2018

if the property was the self acquired property of your grandfather, then after his demise, the property will devolve on his legal heirs, in this case, the widow and children. so your grandmom could not have settled the entire property in the names of sons only. she could at the least deal with her own share and gave that to her sons equally or whatever proportion. since the daughters are legal heirs of deceased owner, they have a claim over their respective shares in the property

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register