1. By opening a Under Guardianship (U/G in short hereinafter) Saving Bank Account in the name of minor, she being natural mother guardian of the minor.
2. Document required by bankers are; address proof of guardian and date of birth certificate true attested copy of minor.
3. The first deposit to open U/G Account has to be done in cash by natural mother.
4. Nationalised Banks gives passbook and cheque book facility. Private banks such as IDBI / HDFC / ICIC to name a few even give Debit Card Advantage is to open such U/G S/B A/C with Nationalised Banks for a simple reason they come under RTI Act and have PIO’s designated and RTI reply are admissible as Evidence as per IE Act.
5. With each withdrawal using a cheque book mother has to write an undertaking at the back of respective cheque leaf wording such as “the amount being withdrawn is for the welfare of the minor” .
6. Court order is not necessary pre-requisite for opening such U/G banking a/c. KYC is Norm as per RBI guidelines now-a-days.
Above are suggested guidelines as best practice when a minor is in brush with custody / maintenance Laws.