LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Majid KHAN (HR Consultant)     31 July 2018

Can lok adalat turn down a settlement or compromise?

Dear Lawyers and others! 

So I have reached a settlment regarding custody of my son, and approached family court to record the settlment but the family court turned down the petition to record the memorandum of compromise stating as per muslim law boy under 7 years cannpt be handed over to the father. 

My lawyers has asked the family court to refer the matter to lok adalat, can lok adalat also raise such questions or can lok adalat pass an award based on terms of our compromise? 



 1 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     31 July 2018


Lok adalat has errored in making the decision. If your personal law  does not allow then lok adalat does have not have power to do so, personal understanding between party is one  thing but it cannot override the laws of land.

For any help you may reach to me at Mb/Whatsup 9456777600 or Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register