LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hameed (dfafd)     26 November 2012

Can legal heir challange sale done before revokation of gpa

It is ancestor property Land owner and his son gave registered GPA to developer X in 1987. by 1989, developer X developed plot and got DTCP approval and sold to individual owner A via registered sale deed in 1989.
Mr.A gave registered GPA to Mr.B in July 2012. Now I am planning to purchase from Mr.B.

When applying copy of registered GPA (done in 1987 -given by land owner to developer X), it is found that \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Registrar Note\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" saying that this registered GPA had been cancelled in year 2002 by another document.

Pls. clarify whether sale happened in 1989 before GPA cancellation (which happened in 2002) is valid>
is this title clear?
also pls. state,wehther any legal issues happens later ? is there any chance for legal issue?
I have seen the cancellation/revokation deed happened during 2002 stats as below:

the said power agent has not maintained property as per conditions mentined in the GPA. Herce we hereby cancel the said GPA which was executed by us.
and whereas for the personal reasons and consideration it has become necessary and expedient to revoke the power.

Now know you all that by this deed we cancel the said power of attorney and absolutely and completely revoke all powers or authority thereby and there under given to him, either expressly or impliedly to all intents and purposes provided that nothing herein contained shall render invalid or ineffective any act, deed, or thing lawfully and bonafidely done or caused to be done by the said attorney under and by virtue of power given to him before the revocation there of by these presents.

Questions as follows:

1. My understanding from the above cancellation deed is that sale done during 1989 ie., before cancellation (cancellation happened during 2002) is valid.

2. if so, what could be motivation for cancellation?

3. will there be any problem by "legal heirs" (as it is ancestor property) ?

can legal heir challange the sale done in 1989 via the GPA.?

thanks to clarify.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register