LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev001 (executive)     22 August 2011

Can impotency be grounds of divorce if accepted by man


Dear sir,

                 can anyone pls guide me on this topic. i am mentally harrassed by my wife, and wish to seek divorce in any possible way, ours is a 4 month old marriage. we have not yet had any physical relationship due to daily quarrels. hence i am ready to accept anything for seeking a divorce. hence if the girl claims that i am impotent and that is why i am not keeping physical relationship with her, then can it be a ground for a divorce. as i am willing to accept this accusation, as i want to end this relationship in any manner possible. please help


 19 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     22 August 2011


Alok Tholiya (self employed)     23 August 2011

If u r impotent then u and ur family knew it before marriage. And yet u have ruined her life. A simple remedy of divorce is not the way out. U must openly admit the cheeating to her and apologise or a action on similar ground must follow from her.

But 90% cases of impotency r cureable. U have to see best available Urologists, s*xologist ( well qualified MD / MS and above. Have u done that??

U can easily search for them on net. Other easy sources are visit KEM hospital, visit Dr Rupin Shah ,Santacruz West or any large hospital Urology or Andrology dept.



Consult a doctor first. If a doctor cofirms impotency then surely you will get divorce. It is not the case of pretending or accepting the accusations.



adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     23 August 2011


Shastri J.K. (Practice in The High Court of Chhattisgarh)     23 August 2011

Yes, it may be  a ground for a divorce. 

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     23 August 2011

@ Author

I noticed from your briefs the marriage of parties is about 4 months old ! 

If parties marriage comes under HMa then by vertue of S. 14 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, no petition for divorce can be filed within one year of the marriage. But in case the petitioner's case is of exceptional hardship High Court is empowered to grant leave to file the case before the expiry of one year. Check status of such Rules as per your State HC.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     24 August 2011



Don't accept any false allegations because you are frustrated. It can have long term repercussions which you can not visvualise now


Seek counselling, if required meet a psychatrist. Else, meet like minded people in your city of save indian family and other similar organizations




Shonee Kapoor
Handphone: +91-9999026561/ +91-8010850498
Email: harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Blog: https://ipc498a.wordpress.com/
Forum: https://forum.498a.org/
Website: https://www.498a.org/

Sirf Hangama khada karna mera maqsad nahi,
Saari Koshish hai ki ye surat badalni chahiye.

Mere seene mein nahi to tere seene mein sahi,
Ho Kahin bhi aag, lekin aag jalni chahiye.

baldev singh chhabra (Chief Associate Advocate)     24 August 2011

Mr. Sanjeev,

I have read your problem carefully. Note my points seriously. The men are subject to s*xual emotionality damage by wife if she causes that. A saying to husband by the wife that you look very s*xy makes the husband more potent and a saying by the same wife that you can not do s*x makes him psychologically impotent to the extent that he may suffer erection.

Another thing a wife who psychologically damages the potency of her husband is a cruel lady not fit for family life. And I perceive such wives as ladies having  extra s*xual relations with someoneelse or a mad lady who spoils her husband and her family life.

This is the reality part of your case.

Now for legal purpose please note that if your wife files a divorce case on your impotency basis and herself seeks divorce from you then only your formula will work because it is a fact as one of my friend is telling above that impotency is valid ground for divorce.

What I propose to you that first you make yourself safe from her if she intends to puzzle you under false dowry cases.

Secondly you take it that men are mostly not impotent they are only psychologically damaged in their s*xuality. Impotent are those only who are born impotent. Sometime it happens that a man is fully s*xy with a lady and whereas with another lady he  is not getting even erection. This is because of thoughts in the mind regarding those ladies. You best develop girl friend and learn s*x from her of course don’t do s*x with her as she will not be your wife that you do s*x with her. If she proves tobe your real girl friend then she will guide you. The best girl friend is mostly own sister who helps brother in such situation or even mother can guide you.


If at all you want to get rid of your wife then first make yourself secured from her in legal matters and then take suitable steps which you can get knowledge of in consultation with me on phone. Remove guilty feeling in you and be courageous.




09636559976(9 to 11 pm only, for free consultation)

1 Like

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     25 August 2011

  1. M shocked to see some of the responses.
  2. Let us be cool and read some times between the lines too.
  3. Let us give scietific advise.
  4. Firstly no man even if impotent does not accept he is one.So here r chances of queriest being really impotent.
  5. When Rs 10 to Rs 1000/- or so there r world renowned urologists are available then why advise abt making another lady a friend.
  6. While it is true that s*xtual disorders are also psychogenic as  also organic/ physiological. The easiest, cheapest and valid in courts is the going to a qualified urologists/ andrologists/ s*xologists.
  7. The lady if cheated and has been married to a impotenet man can seek nullyfying the marriage and she will gain status of unmarried lady thru court order.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     25 August 2011

If boy wants to self declare that he is impotent and wants to get annulment decree or get divorce decree (divorce case can be filed only one year after marriage solemnization with exception clause), it is not permissible.  Only the suffering party can file petition.  If the wife filed such petition of alleging the husband's impotency and husband accepts such condition, the annulment decree can be granted, once the court satisfies that there is no collusion between the parties.

Female Activist (housewife)     25 August 2011

so u r impotent

mamta kaura wadehra (lawyer)     26 August 2011

no doubt it is a ground for divorce but  she will file another suit for cheating against you.dont spoil your future . when you go for another marriage what will happen at that time?

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     26 August 2011

Very aptly and nicely elaborated and answered by @mamta ji.


Impotency may lead to a case of cheating against accused....




Amit (NA)     26 August 2011

Not sure how impotency could lead to a cheating case. How is it possible for one to know that he is impotent before marriage? The person filing a cheating case implies that the accused person should have had s*x before marriage which is not considered moral in our society. In that case potency test should also become compulsory before marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register