LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Diego stanga (Self employed)     26 December 2014

Can i lease my self acquired property?

Respected Advocates, pls help me in this issue.

My grandmother and grandfather gifted me their flat through a registered gift deed. My fathers sisters i.e my grandparents daughters raising issues over it, the society did not accept our membership.

My grandparents have died and now both my fathers sisters have challenged the registered gift deed in the court of law. It is my self acquired property but now can I put it on rent.


1) Can I sign the lease agreement with the party and register it?

2) They have put prayers as: we shoudent be allowed to create third party interest.

3) Still can I lease the property.


 2 Replies

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     26 December 2014

You can lease it out, at the same time give application to chairmen of the society to transfer shares in your name basis the gift deed. However society may ask you to pat transfer fees, but society should not charge money as chargeable in case of transfer through sale.

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     29 December 2014

No one can interfere your leasing rights as you are the full owner

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query