Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Munjal (Manager)     24 December 2013

Can father be legally disowned by adult son?

Dear Sir,

I'm 29 years old and my father is a brain tumor patient. He has been mentally harassing my mother and my two sisters since many years. He has sufficient funds to support the house - but he has stopped contributing to our household expenses. He is also not willing to give us any property. On top of that, he keeps demanding a part of my salary for his treatment every month. I don't mind paying for it - but he demands money inspite of having sufficient funds of his own. He isn't earning anything right now - and so I am worried that even if my mother files for divorce and moves in with me, he will demand some kind of maintenance on the grounds that he is a cancer patient and needs money for treatment. Truth is, he has enough property and money of his own. We do not know what to do. The harassment to my mother and sisters is getting out of hand now and he takes away all my savings also. Please suggest the possible courses of action on this. Any help would be appreciated.

Learning

5 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     24 December 2013

Munjal the life of a brain tumer patient is too low therefore no need to go for any legal action against him , as you had faced to many difficulty with him give some more time to him ,he himself has very less time .

Munjal (Manager)     24 December 2013

Dear Sir,

His tumor was benign and was removed. He's currently responding extremely well to his post surgical treatment - at least the doctors say so. So he has enough time. Not quite sure what to do in these circumstances.

Need Help... (MIS-Executive)     24 December 2013

Dear Munjal, Thats gr8 to u have some saving and please keep saving... and make some property... Just imagine god bless u... but after few year u also on same track and ur wife and ur dear dear dear son think like u.... then what u do... Just think and behave for ur responsibility..... towards ur parents... nothing else....... above just example... God Bless you and your father.... take care...

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 December 2013

REPEATED

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Father-extracting-money-from-adult-son-can-father-be-legally-disowned--443451.asp#.UrlZ2vvQzmk

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 December 2013

ALSO REPEATED

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Father-extracting-money-from-adult-son-Can-father-be-legally-disowned--443461.asp#.UrlauPvQzmk

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register