Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY??

Page no : 2

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     15 August 2010

ms. archana, - absolutely correct.

due to that reason, they ware black gown and coat..

I saw two types of pants they were,  black and another is striped black.

i heard that black gown is compulsary for appearing before the court.

so far i understood, this dress code came as heritage from british rulers to us.

from supreme court to munsef court all these established at british time.

previously some more formalities were maintained which now not followed.

every place where discipline is prime considaretion, dress code is there, like police military etc.

it is not only your question many people asks this question, several times even in this web site also.

i also asked my hc adv the same question. he replied as adv archana wrote.

Black colour is a neutral colour and no other colour effect on it.

It is a sign that the advocate should be a neutral person

- it is your interpretation only. however this interpritation is nice and appropriate.

complain about the climatic conditions - yes it is there, but very minor. in april they allowed to appear in court in plain dress.

mr sashikumar,

"Can you tell me why you have been given two eyes two hands even one each will be sufficient."

- the ans is - not we, but our forefathers strugle with the nature and achieved these two eyes and hands. one was insufficient and three was more. That's why it is - two.

"There will be different opinion if any dress code is prescribed. The dress code is just a way to declare that the person is a part of legal system ."

There is no scope of difference of opinion. i have not seen the adv act, but my adv and adv archana told the same thing.

Adv archana answers the straight and appropriate. Is it not ? 

Why not have our own dress code in spite of aping others?

- yes that should be. thanks mr assumi.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     16 August 2010

How do you know the forfathers fought and got two eyes.

Please give details so that others will also benefit.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     16 August 2010

shashikumar ji

please go through the bio science.

nothingh built up in nature ( here talking about the bio world only) without strugle.

SANJAY JOIL (LAW STUDENT)     28 August 2010

This dress code is inherited by  Britishers and a symbol  of SLAVERY,

It is completely inconvenient  in Indian atmosphere.  It is not an Indian Tradition .  Our Nyaymurties used to wear different  dresses.  Since  uniform of Doctor denotes  assuring personality    Advocate's uniforms  reminds you of CUNNING personality.  Sorry Friends, but it's a FACT.  

Anyway,  please go thru this case on this topic

https://www.indiankanoon.org/doc/972627/

2 Like

SANJAY JOIL (LAW STUDENT)     28 August 2010

This dress code is inherited by  Britishers and a symbol  of SLAVERY,

It is completely inconvenient  in Indian atmosphere.  It is not an Indian Tradition .  Our Nyaymurties used to wear different  dresses.  Since  uniform of Doctor denotes  assuring personality    Advocate's uniforms  reminds you of CUNNING personality.  Sorry Friends, but it's a FACT.  

Anyway,  please go thru this case on this topic

https://www.indiankanoon.org/doc/972627/

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     29 September 2010

CHAPTER IV, ADVOCATE'S ACT 1961

Form of Dresses or Robes to be worn by Advocates (Rule under Section 49(1)(gg) of the Act)

Advocates, appearing in the Supreme Court, High Court, Subordinate Courts, Tribunals or Authorities shall wear the following as part of their dress which shall be sober and dignified:-

Advocates other than lady Advocates

1. (a) A black buttoned up coat, chapkan, achkan, black sherwani and white bands with Advocates Gowns, or

(b) a black open breast coat, white Collar stiff or, soft, and white bands with Advocates Gowns.

In either case long trousers (white, black striped or grey) or Dhoti.

Lady Advocates

2. (a) black and full or half sleeve jacket or blouse, white collar, stiff or soft, with white bands with Advocates Gowns:

(b) Sarees or long skirts (white, or black or any mellow or subdued colour without any print or design) or Flare (white, black or black striped or grey):

Provided that the wearing of Advocates gown shall be optional except when appearing in the Supreme Court or in a High Court.

Provided further that in Court other than Supreme Court, High Court, District Court, Sessions Court or City Civil Court a black tie may be worn instead of bands."

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     29 September 2010

THE ABOVE IS THE REASON.

MR JOIL, MANY THANKS FOR EXACT AND APPROPRIATE ANWSER.

prasanna molakalmuru (Lawyer)     01 October 2012

WELL SAID. I ASKED MY SENIORE ON THIS ISSUE BUT HE NETHIER GIVEN ASNWER NOR GAVE ANY SOLUTION. I ALWAYS FEEL "This dress code is inherited by  Britishers and a symbol  of SLAVERY,"

I AM WAITING SINCE MY ENROLMENT TO THORO MY COAT TO DUSTBIN

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register