Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ronak   06 March 2017

Can an advocate hire another advocate for a case?

Hi distinguished members of legal Fraternity,I have a query can an advocate or a lawyer hire another advocate or a lawyer to take up his clients case.If yes then how can one proceed further and if not then what are the rules in this regards? Any help would be appreciable. :(

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

There is no provision for Proxy Advocate , Or advovate appoints other advocate for his client. 

It is only client who will decide who should represent him in Hon. Court 

Unauthorized person are not supposed to take part in proceedings 

------------------------------------------------------------------

But in court there are many advocate who keep fresher , they represent client without their name on vakaltnama .

This junior calls their main advocate Senior Advocate , without understanding the fact that in Advocate act desidnation of Senior Advocate is present and certainly Senior Advocate have special status and they are not supposed to appear in sub-ordinate court.  

This all illegal riwaz going in Hon. Court.

In one matter there was so called junior advocate present in Hon. Court , where I raised the objection stating un-authorized person are not supposed to take part in proceedings , only advocate whose signature is on vakaltnama can take part in proceedings because it is client who have given authority to advocate to represent him , and thus un-authorized person whose name is not on Vakaltnama should not be entertained. 

I even went to such a extent , pressing dismisal for default and it was sheer luck , at last moment Judge gave one more chance to opp. side .

So please study Advocate act , and provision of CPC Order 3

(Guest)

Is your name Ronak Modi Konark?

thelawassist   15 March 2017

What if case is assigned to a lawyer by his senior lawyer working in a law firm?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register