Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Savleen Singh (Rikshaw Puller)     20 August 2012

Can a 498a "complaint case" be quashed?

Hi Veterans,

My wife filed a 498a "complained case" against my family and me in the court. Till date my brother was going to court but last time i received the summons and appeared before the court.

Its totally baseless and doesn’t come under territorial jurisdiction as well.

My Question: Can we go for quashing/tranfering it ( offence mentioned in the complaint are from where we last resided  ? Can anyone provide me judgments related to it? What wud be the procedure for it ?

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Yogesh Anand (Head- Legal AVP)     20 August 2012

since it is a COMPLAINT CASE you have the right to defend it before the magistrate and prove you innocense.  regarding jurisdiction you can bring out the facts stated in the complaint to establish that events have happened beyond the jurisdiction of this court. being seroious issue you are well advised to engage some good lawyer expert in such cases.

1 Like

Navin Kashyap (NWM)     24 August 2012

Can the court quash the FIR under 498A which is filed after the husband has filed divorce case?

Yogesh Anand (Head- Legal AVP)     24 August 2012

Depends on the grounds for seeking quash of proceedings.  The inherent powers of High Court under sec. 482 of CrPC are wide enough to quash proceedings in criminal case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register