Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Kapadia   20 January 2023

Bye laws of redevelopment project

Dear Members,

I have bought a new flat from builder in redevelopment project. 50% flats are old owners and 50% flats builder sell to new customer like me. Now, building is ready and OC received and also builder has start giving possession. Now, builder is asking certain amount cheque on society name as saying old owners have that much amount in the society bank account so, they demand equal amount from each new flat owners.

Is this OK as per bye laws because, at the time of booking builder has asked x amount and now he increased almost thrice.

If it is OK so, as new members which document we can asked from builder or society because currently all this on verbal communication and no documented proof shown.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 January 2023

If you feel that this fresh demand made by the builder is unjustified, illegal and exorbitant, you may ask him to give the details  of the demand made  in writing quoting relevant laws/bylaws pertaining to this demand,  so that you can take a considered decision. 

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 January 2023

I agree with the opinion and advise of expert Mr T Kalaiselvan, you may assail demand if you feel it is unjustified or illegal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register