Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (Tech Lead)     04 August 2013

Bond in letter of administration

Hi,

My wife passed away more than 3 years back. She is survived by me and our minor daughter (8 years now). She had a flat on her own name and there is no will. I applied for Letter of Administration as per my lawyer's suggestion. There are 2 successors declared in the application - myself and my minor daughter. The lawyer said the first notice has come out and I will be called at the Protonothory office to sign a bond. 

He said this bond is required because my daughter is a minor, so this is the process. 

Not sure how the process actually works !?! Is this correct? How much time it takes to get the certificate? Its already 7 months now at Bombay High Court since I applied.

Please provide some guidance.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Raj (Tech Lead)     11 August 2013

Will appreciate a response from experts.

-Raj

Saurabh (Legal Counsel)     13 August 2013

As per your facts you have applied for letter of administration for a intestate ( no will). It is correct you need to given a bond which is undertaking that you will be administering the share of your daughter in her mother property until she becomes a major. Both you and your daughter have an equal right of succession on your late wife's property.

ask your lawyer to give you the latest copy of the order of court as you could only know through it what is happening.
it is correct letter of administration takes time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register