Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sampath (Assistant)     15 May 2013

Betrayal by a highly looked gentelman

Sir,

I have agreed to purchase an apartment with 10 years old near Trichy from a highly looked gentleman by giving advance amount of Rs.300000/-  The copy of documents available at the time of advance are

1.joint purchase by mother and son from a vendor

2. Sale agreement from builders, 

3. POA given to father by son (NRI) adjudicated by DRO for gifting his half share to mother.

4. Gift deed duly registered by father to mother by way of POA (3)

But, just before the days of registration, my housing loan authorities to verify the original documents as mentioned above.  but no.3 - POA is missed by my vendor.  My loan authorities are satisfied with certified copy.  I have reluctently to proceed for registration with full value as per advance agreement without the original POA (3).  My vendor has orally assured to search the original and compensate me if he couldn't find. (not writing). I trusted their words.

Now, after registration,   he said he couldn't find the original poa and he can't compensate anything as the deed is over.  he has betrayed me by giving me false hopes.

My question is no.4-gift deed is registered by way of poa, and that poa is lost, is theren't a problem for me in future if I resale?

Can I get any compensation legally from my vendor as I could not have written wording that he has not handed over the original poa.  instead my loan authorities has given me the acknowledgement of original documents received where in the poa is not mentioned.

Please suggest me a solution for which I will be very thankful.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register