LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shubha Upen   27 May 2023

Banking fraudulent transactions

Hi All,

We are four siblings, 3 daughters and 1 son to my parents. My mother passed away in 2020 and after her death my father and brother had approached the bank to receive the money that's in my mother's account. The bank denied the transfer as there was no nominee and requested for the signatures of all the legal heirs in order to release the money.

Since the bank denied, my brother used my mother's sim card and downloaded Phone Pe and transferred the money little by little upto 30Lakhs. 

I got to know this very recently and approached the bank to provide my deceased mother's SBI bank account statement but they denied. They asked me to hire a lawyer and send a notice through the court and only then they will provide the statement.

The police denied to lodge a NCR/PCR as this is a family matter. It didn't make sense to me though. We are unable to file a case infront the magistrate as we don't have any legal proof/statement.

How do I proceed to file a case? What IPCs will this come under?


 6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 May 2023

How do you know that your brother has fradulenty withdrawn money?

Shubha Upen   27 May 2023

I have the screenshots of the transactions.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 May 2023

Consult a local advocate for guidance.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 May 2023

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar, Advocate

How do you know that your brother has fradulenty withdrawn money?



 There may be somesource of this information whcih jay lead you to the evidence.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 May 2023

It is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 June 2023

Yes.  You may meet a alwyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register