Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Robin Rao (Sr. Analyst)     28 May 2015

Background verification

Hi Friends,

I am working in a reputed IT MNC company for last 3 years.

Recently, I applied to move in a better domain which initiated my Background Verification again.

I had submitted 3 months experience of a small company which is shut down.

I've already provided them Relieving cum Experience letter of that company.

They are asking for HR contact person or any colleague who worked there earlier; but I don't have any such info now as company is closed and I am not able to reach out to anyone.

Background verification team has asked my Delivery manager to terminate my services.

I am already under Service bond now which is of 1 Lakh value.

Would I have to pay that money also?

Please assist as of what can be done from my end to avoid such embarassing situation as I had already provided them all the details.

Your prompt assistance will be appreciated from heart.

Thanks all for your help...

Waiting for your reply.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 May 2015

From your post it is obvious that you are not ta fault............at all.

It is almost certain that you won't be given anything in writing.

Hence start recording and build favorable and irrefutable written record so as to suit your long term interest.

Download every document including the tantrums of BGV team,line managers,HR/legal cell personnel.

Since you have threatened to be terminated you can approach the lawful authority,court of law even now.

It shall be appropriate to submit (under proper acknowledgment) addressed to god offices of appointing authority,MD,Chairman, narrating all incidences,statements made by BDV/Line management/HR/Legal personnel....................and all documents submitted by you ( including Relieving cum Experience letter, even scanned copy may be attached) and conclude that.....................for no fault of yours you are to be terminated......................and your entire qualification/experience/employability shall be marred...................

Such matters are personal and can be communicated from personal email also..............

GRC (Greivance Redressal Committee) at times is inclined towards employer and can be influenced.........................

'Works Committee' as per ID Act is an authority.

Employee's/Trade Unions e.g. CITU/INTUC/AITUC/BMS etc...........should be informed and they can be your irrefutable witness too.

Now there are many employee's unions for IT/ITeS and affilliated with Trade Unions and Trdae Unions are more than willing to embrace the employees from your trade.

You msut consult an able Labor Law Consultant/Service Matters Lawyer/Law Firm dealing in Labor law matters with all docs on record ASAP and preferanly proceed under expert advise of your counsel.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register