Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)     17 September 2021

Dear Sir, Your query is not clear but what I could understand is that you want to know if Facebook chat is acceptable as evidence in Courts. As far as quasi-judicial court are concerned such as Consumer Courts, Labour Courts, Real Estate Regulatory Authority etc, documents like these are acceptable as evidence as Indian Evidence Act is not strictly applicable to these forums and Commissions. However , in District Courts such as Court of JMIC or CJM or Civil Judge, Add District Judge, District Judge etc, these documents will be evidence only if they meet the standard of Indian Evidence Act and not otherwise. Regards Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate), District & Session Court Chandigarh, Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh, Disclaimer:- Opinion is only for guidance.
1 Like

Love tech   18 September 2021

Sir, I am facing charge of osa 1923 act, they planted pen drive and photograhs of military installation. Photogarphs found on record same as photogarphs found in pen drive. date found on pen drive date 03.09.2014 data written and created data. What is mean of data witten and date creat date in pen drive???? Accused was arrested on 30.08.2104 and data created in pen drive on 03.09.2014, that clearly reavels that photogarphas and pen drive planted, so how we convinced judge about above said fact?? Now case stand at argument.

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 September 2021

It is for the prosecution to prove their evidence. Discrepancies, if any, could be challenged during cross examination.

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)     18 September 2021

Dear Sir, Since the matter relates to Official Secrets Act which is basically related to Our National Security, therefore I will not further write anything about this case. I am afraid I will not be able to help you since I have not scene the records of the case. And without seeing the records of the case I will not be in a position to comment on a subject as sensitive as this one. Regards Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate) District & Session Court, Chandigarh Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register