LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

crpc125_victim (Unemployed)     28 June 2011

Apprehend possible physical to seek protection

I have been summoned under crpc125 case in a family court in another state.

I apprehend following dangers:

- While there in-laws side will try to do physical harm. In the past they have raised hands to hit (without actually hitting) as well as been verbally very abusive.

- Their crpc125 is complete fabrication. While there they may try to call police and file a false report to try for arrest.

How can I safeguard against these dangers?

Since I am going their at summon of Judge, can I write to him stating my apprehensions and requesting police protection?

Can I directly email the IG/DIG/SSP etc stating something like:


I have been summoned by Hon court xxxx on xxxx and I will be there purely to attend to the summons. However I apprehend physical harm to me / apprehend being embroiled in false case. Should some physical harm ever happen to me, I want to name the following suspect who have in the past threatened me with physical harm.

Name of person…address…

Thanking you etc…

Copy to: Honb’e court??




 2 Replies

Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant Dubai 00971 508836442)     28 June 2011

Dear Sir,


You can approach the HC to get the case transferred to another court to avoid visiting the opponents' native place, stating that there is apprehension of phisical harm, or seek police protection from court.

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     29 June 2011

As rightly advised by @sanjeev, you shoudl write an application to High Court with a copy to the concerned court for transfer of the case. Also do not forget to seek adjournment of your coming date due to this reason.


If the high Court rejects your plea, then seek police protection from the concerned court for that day.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query