LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lisa Johnson (not applicable)     15 March 2010

annulment process

Hi, I would like to seek some advice on how to file an annulment or divorce in Goa. I got married in Goa last 2008. It was a civil wedding that we just stood infront of the judge. I have a copy of my marriage certificate so I think it was registred in the civil registry office. We are both foreigner, so the process of the wedding was so quick that time. We did hire a wedding coordinator and she did al the work and paper works. So now,  we decided to annul our marriage in Goa but we are not sure how or where to start. I hope somebody can help me what to do and can inform me of the estimate time how long it would take to file the annulment. Do we have to be there together to file the annulment or either one of us can do it? Also, is there any reson that the annulment will not be approve?

Thank you!!!

Learning

7 Replies

Lisa Johnson (not applicable)     15 March 2010

First of all I would like to thank you for your reply. So if he will not cordinate with the divorce, I can just file annulment? I have reasons to file an annulment also. I am just thinking that with our issues in the moment I will probably file an annulment and go to Goa myself to file it. Sorry for changing my query, I am just curious what are my options if he doesn't want to do the divorce because of the hassles. How will be the process of the the annulment? What are the requirements? Does he need to sign anything? Does it take 6 months also to wait? Sorry for the bunch of questions. I really want to pursue the annulment asap.

Thank you..

Cheers!

~Lisa

Lisa Johnson (not applicable)     16 March 2010

I think I should just convince him to do the divorce by mutual consent. Would you know how many times should

we go to Goa to file the divorce?

Is there any way we can file the divorce in the country we are in now? Just a wild thinking.. maybe not possible

but I just want to make sure that there is other option. Some cases in the USA, you can file divorce in Mexico to

make it quicker.I am thinking that maybe in Goa, India there is another way to get this things done.

Thank you for your help. I am glad that I joined this forum. BIG help!!

~Lisa Johnson

Lisa Johnson (not applicable)     16 March 2010

Mr. Parekh,

Thank you for your advice. I am thinking that maybe it is better to do the divorce by mutual consent and just use Power of Attorney if he can't come with me to file the divorce. I just hope that the Judge will acceot it. Would you know if there is any restrictions for his representative will be?

I really want to hire a lawyer for this case to make sure the process will be quick and easy.

Again, thank you for your help.

~Lisa Johnson

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register