LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chirag   18 March 2016

Ancestral property rights

My grandfather  ( fathers dad ) has transferred property on my mother name as per the will many years a ago....when he expired

My question is can my son who my wife has taken away from me can have rights on the property...

Please advice

Learning

6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     18 March 2016

No claim can be made by anyone including you over your mother's property unless she wills or gifts you or dies intestate.even if she dies intestate you, your father will only be a legal heir to your mothers properly

No claim can be made by anyone including you over your mother's property unless she wills or gifts you or dies intestate.even if she dies intestate you, your father will only be a legal heir to your mothers properly

Mariam Taweel (not applicable)     26 March 2016

I wanted some advice regarding inheritance of a property. 

There is a property which belongs to my grandma's grandfather. Her grandfather died without making a will. According to the Inheritance in the absence of a will under the Indian Succession Act, where the intestate has not left surviving him any child, but has grandchildren, the property shall be equally divided among all his surviving grandchildren.

Now, her grandfather had children who are all deceased but he has had 3 grandsons (2 deceased and 1 alive) and 6 granddaughters (which includes my grandma). Currently, the property is being held by my grandma's 1 deceased brother's child and her cousin brother and his kids. 

They have now decided to sell the property, so they took signature of all the granddaughters excluding my grandma. They have not consulted my grandma regarding this matter. They have decided to share the money between themselves excluding my grandma.

So what steps should we could take if my grandma wants to acquire her right in the property?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register