LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Doctor Pune (Doctor)     04 May 2014

Ancestral property partition

My husband (who was the eldest in 4 brothers)passed away few years back. As his widow, I have a right in the ancestral property which is a land and the ancestral house. However, there is no will which was left behind by my father-in-law. My name is mentioned in the land property but I dont know if the ancestral house papers have been made. I have tried initiating several attempts with my brother-in-laws in the last few years but they havent been supportive,. I suspect that they are planning to sell of both the land and the ancestral house without my consent and behind my back I want to take the legal way to seek my share in the same. please advise what action should I take and what is the law which supports my case.

Learning

2 Replies

Arvind Manghirmalani (Advocate High court Bombay Trained mediator 91-9869617090 9594255075)     04 May 2014

you can file heirship petition and record your name in government records with your ancestrol house. You can also file suit for partition to properties of  Undivided family.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 May 2014

First consult a lawyer and issue a legal notice for partitioning the property and allotment of an equal share to you on the basis of legal heir to your deceased husband and a separate possession thereof.  In the event of non compliance or no reply, you fle a partition suit demanding the same.  First try for some amicable solution involving elders of the family and some other known people to your family for a peaceful partition, if not then choose the legal way as suggested.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register