Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijay ragavendran   14 August 2022

ancestral property - claiming ownership of the asset already sold by father

Hello Sir,

My grandfather bought a house and he has four male children including my father. So the house belongs to these 4, each 1/4. One of my father's sibling sold his share to my dad and its properly documented/Registered, but his daughter(who sold to my dad and passed away) registered a document taking sole ownership from her sister as if her father did not sold it to any one. How come the registration department allowed such an illegal excersice. How to deal with it. Kindly explain.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 August 2022

The house is self-acquired in the hands of your grandfather, is he alive or not ? Whether he (your grandfather executed any document in favour of either of his children, if so what is the document ?

Whether vendor (seller) of the property got authority/ attorney of your grandfather, right or title qua subject house ? 

Incomplete information cannot lead to form proper opinion and oblige.

Show the document of sale deed to a local prudent lawyer for analyses of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding to get it cancelled, if required.

vijay ragavendran   15 August 2022

Sorry for insufficient information. My grandfather died without executing any documents/ will. All of his four children including my father no more. But he (father's sibling) sold his share to my dad in 1981. The above said fake claiming document was registered in 2010. The same transaction is present in EC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register