Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mystic Image   29 July 2016

Ancestral maternal property khata transfer; mother's death

Dear Sir/Madam,

My mother's father bought and constructed a house in Bangalore and in his will mentioned my mother as the heir for Khata transfer and gave my grandmother only living rights-no sale of property allowed till my granny is alive. Post my grandfather's death, my mother transferred the Khata in her name.Unfortunately,my mother passed away last year while my granny is still alive. My granny, me and my father have agreed to have the entire property transferred to my brother's name.As per will, my grandfather had mentioned my brother and me to get the property after my mother. Now, what is the procedure for the same. BBMP officials in Bangalore have asked me for the following docs:Title Deed,Will Copy,Release Deed from my father and self with my grandmother as witness,Encumbrance Certificate,Family Tree starting from my grandfather - to be notarized,Tax paid receipts.

Are all these indeed required. I believe the BBMP officials seem to be taking me for a ride. Will be nice if you can kindly advise on the same. I am now married. My brother is married too and he has a son who is a US citizen.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 July 2016

The last wish in WILL is supreme.

Granny has right to live till she is alive.

After her it can be sold.

Mystic Image   30 July 2016

Thanks. My question is the procedure for Khata transfer. It is my granny's wish to have the Khata transferred to my brother

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register