from 3,500/- to 10,000/-. If so please supply

Regards,

:)

PBS KUMAR

Learning

10 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     19 October 2007

Mr.Kumar,

I could get only the press release, but nor the GO at the present. If I could find the same I will immediately post it. 

AMENDMENT TO THE PAYMENT OF BONUS ACT, 1965

The Cabinet in its meeting held on October 1, 2007 has approved the Amendments to the payment of Bonus Act, 1965, which are as follows:-

i) Amendment to Section 2(13): To raise the eligibility limit for payment of bonus from the salary or wage of Rs.3500/- to Rs.10,000 per month.

ii) Amendment to section 12: To raise the ceiling for calculation purpose from the salary or wage of Rs.2500/- to Rs.3500/- per month, and;

iii) Deletion of section 32(vi): To cover the employees employed through contractors on building operations .

Regards

Prakash

Shambasiv (n/a)     19 October 2007

I feel that the Amendment has not been notified in the Gazette so far. Though the cabinet has approved the amendment, I have my own doubts about its coming ito force.

Shambasiv (n/a)     29 October 2007

Now I understand that, on 27th October, 2007 the President has promulgated the Payment of Bonus (Amendment) ordinance, 2007 containing the following amendments:-

i) Amendment to clause (13) of Section 2 of the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 to raise the eligibility limit for payment of bonus from the salary or wage of Rs. 3500/- per month to Rs. 10000/- per month.

ii) Amendment to section 12 of the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 to raise the ceiling for calculation purpose from the salary or wage of Rs. 2500/- per month to Rs. 3500/- per month;

iii) Deletion of clause (vi) of section 32 of the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 so as to cover the employees employed through contractors on building operations.

Thus the employees, including those employed through contractors on building operations will be entitled to receive bonus as per the revised ceilings, for the year 2006-07 and onwards.

The Ordinance shall be deemed to have come into force on 1st April, 2006.

Ministry of Labour & Employment New Delhi, Kartika 07, 1929/October 29, 2007

jvramakrishna356 (n/a)     30 October 2007

Sir

Do you have any calculation for Bonus.

saumya.swarup (n/a)     31 October 2007

Dear Sir,

please find enclosed here with G. O for amendment in Payment Of wages Act .

regards

Saumya

saumya.swarup (n/a)     31 October 2007

[font=""Times New Roman""]Sir,[/font]

[font=""Times New Roman""] [/font]

[font=""Times New Roman""]Please find enclosed herewith copy of Gazette Notification regarding amendment in Payment of Bonus Act.[/font]

[font=""Times New Roman""][/font] 

[font=""Times New Roman""]regards[/font]

[font=""Times New Roman""]Saumya[/font]

1 Like

PBS KUMAR (n/a)     31 October 2007

Dear Friend,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :):):):):):):):D

Regards,

PBS KUMAR

Shambasiv (n/a)     01 November 2007

Thanks Soumya.

Sumit Raj Sharma (n/a)     11 December 2007

now cealing is 10000,so if the salary of an emp is more than or equal to 3500 & less than or equal to 10000, than it is calculates as 8.33% of 3500 but if the salary of an emp is less than 3500 then it is calc. as 8.33% of actual wages

rgds sumit:) 

Deepak Kumar (ECS)     25 March 2008

Hello, I'm a new member and wish to know whether my company should provide me bonus as per the POBA 1965 which has been amended recently in 2007. I'm working in 24/7 customer pvt ltd and I'm not sure if I'm eligible for it or not. Have heard about it though. I'm working as a CSR and my Basic is Rs 2000/-. Looking for an immediate response from anyone who has the answer... Please let me know for any details to check if I am eligible or whether my company should provide me this bonus... Thanks..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register