Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nancy (self employed)     20 July 2009

Alcoholic Husband who is Cop as well

hi Friends

I have been married  for 10 years now. My husband is alcoholic & short tempered since then.  I have a 8 yrs daughter & legally the owner of the house. Now  I have given him ultimatum  to  leave house  if he did any  voilent act  in furture. I want him to  leave my house  & let us leave in peace.  Now,  next time whenever he will do  the same scene,  what should I do  ?  On what case can i make him to  leave  my house. Should I file somehing in advance.  Don't know as he himself is a cop.  Please  advise

Learning

6 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     20 July 2009

Dear Nancy

Advise to file a case under DV Act with the Police, if the cops refuse to register the case since your husband also happens to be one of them approach the superior officers and even then if no action is taken then you may approach the court to seek directions to the police to file and proceed in the case.

(Guest)

yes, mr. vishal correctly advise u in this matter

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 July 2009

there is a facility in andhrapradesh  to give police complaint through SMS no9640100100 or toll free no:1090. This call automatically registers FIR . therefore can be given clear details.

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     22 July 2009

You can file complaint/FIR with the local police station against ur husband under the IPC sections as well as under the Domestic Violence Act. If the police fail to register ur complaint or register and do not take action ..... then U have the option to file private case before the criminal court under IPC sections as well as D.V. Act ...... You can legally restrain him from entering ur house under the DV act.

Balbir Singh Chauhan (lawyer)     22 July 2009

hi nancy

in ur case talk to ur husbands suuperier in this regard and even he dont wish to oimprove himself file a case against 498 IPC alond with a complaint under sec 12 domestic violence act and also a complaint to CAW (crime against women) Cell

Khaleel Ahmed (Legal Advisor)     23 July 2009

Approach with nearest family counselling Centre.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register