LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar...... (occupation )     10 December 2015

Airtel call drops and threats

I have been using Airtel connection from the last 3 years. but since the last 18 months i am facing frequent call drops. i raised my concern with Airtel to resolve the problem or disconnect my connection. for that Airtel gave me Waiver of Rs 500/- as retention bonus and promised that the problem will le resolved in 2 months time. but my problem was not resolved even after 2 months so i asked Airtel to disconnect my connection and it was finally disconnected. I am yet to clear the pending amount of Rs 2000 /-. So since last 2 months i have been receiving calls from Airtel to pay the remaining amount. Now my problem is why should i pay when there were frequent call drops. Airtel representative called me and used abusive language and threatened me that legal proceedings will be initiated against me. 

I don't want to clear the due amount when Airtel has not given proper service . pls advise what to do 

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     10 December 2015

Hi,

If any person from the company tries to use bad language to recover the money or threatens you for the money... record his call and just file a police complaint against the company directly.

Those so called recovery agents have no authority to use such language for recovery..

Adv. Yogen Kakade

Jurycon Incorporation

Advocates & Consultants
Email: juryconincorporation@gmail.com
Web: www.juryconn.in  

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 December 2015

You need to pay the bill-call drop charges if any!

Do you have evidence of complaints on call drops and abusive language (audio/visual/minuted/witneseed) etc?

You could lodge complaint on deficiency of service and demand compensation!

If company instead of resolving the complaints have resorted to unfair practices you can approach DCDRF.

Kumar...... (occupation )     10 December 2015

I have been complaining to Airtel to resolve the call drops they asked me to send my location details so that they can send a representative. i shared my house location details. but nobody came to check if the problem really exists or not. i told them that i am able to browse internet without any problem but not getting calls or able to call anybody. i raised my concern with the appilate authority and got a stern reply, "We don't have any plans of improving the bandwiddth" 

now my problem is why should i pay when my calls are being dropped by Airtel. i was asked to change my SIM but it was of no use.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 December 2015

If you get abusive calls from the airtel customer service, just try to record their voice and also gather the information of the caller and lodge a criminal complaint against the company as well as the caller. 

If you do not want to pay the bills, you may write back to the company stating the reasons and maintain an official record for all the transaction or communications. 

You may plan to drag them to consumer forum at a later stage with the help of evidences in your possession.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register