agricultural land purchase in maharashtra

sirji my wife is farmer by birth, now after merrage i have purchase farming land in her name, now she is farmer with my name and surname, sirji can i be farmer now and purchase farming land in maharashtra.

civil practice

If you are actually cultivating the land, let your wife seek permission from the Dy.collector to sell half land to you and then you can become agriculturist.


Hi Vinayak,

I have gone thru your comments on link:

Where you have said one can buy land whose father were “Ancestral Farmers”, we had around 10acre of land in Karjat, which went out of our hand because of under Kul Kayada of Gov of Maharashtra.

Although we got few installments from the farmer who was cultivating crops, but didn'tget full installments. Now I am interested in buying agriculture land on my name, we do not have the 7/12 extract with us, although the Kul Kayada document is with us which has my grand fathers name on it.

Secondly, if I want the land back what should be our course of action and what are the cnahces of geeting back.

How can I buy farm land on my name?


Please advice.





Jalaj Karandikar




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x