LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A M SHIVRAJ   03 October 2023

After registration, other family members were settled in civil court, but now they have put case

Hi, few survey numbers were sold by brothers without including sisters in the sale deed in 2003 or so. in 2009 sisters filed a case, asking for compensation and the same was compensated in Civil Court and they relinquished their rights in the court. But this was not registered in Sub-Registrar's office. After this 2013 land got DC converted for residential purpose. got BMRDA approval and we own the plot now.
in 2020, the same sister's family(& children) have come with case in 2020 stating that, they were promised some land orally in that sold survey numbers and money (of which only money was given and they agree). 

Now my question is, is it necessary for it be registered? or is that in-court settlement enough for us to prove our case. Please help how do I move forward to secure my plot in one of that survey numbers.


 5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 October 2023

The court decree is sufficient to prove that they have got compensation in lieu of  their share in the property and the settlement decree made by the court would be enough to nullify their claim, you may fight it out properly 

1 Like

A M SHIVRAJ   03 October 2023

Thank you very much! They have been troubling at the site and not letting any of us to construct.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 October 2023

You can file a suit for permanent injunction against them seeking to restrain them permanently from interfering in your possession and enjoyment of your property including the obstacle they create to obstruct the construction.

1 Like

A M SHIVRAJ   03 October 2023

Thanks Again!!

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 October 2023

You're welcome. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More