LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Noel Sam   28 May 2020

Advocates charge for filing PIL

How much would an average lawer charge for filing a PIL in supreme court if i move through a lawer. Can i file it online. Possibility of rejection ? Possibility of imposing fine if i am moving to Court with a bonafide intention? I am seeking maximum response


 4 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     28 May 2020

Engaging lawyer shall be better option. Fee depends upon person to person and issue to issue. Better get this matter personalized.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 May 2020

Demand and supply theory works for experts also.  There are several things to be looked into while engaging an advocate.  Experts are short in supply and having knowledge is not the only criterion.  I heard from several clients that a litigant should hunt for that advocate that is having good relations with concerned  (?) and they even assure success.  Inquire with a dozen and compromise for the most deserving though fees may be more as he can save lot of mental peace.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 May 2020

Lawyers charge at their discretion. The petition could be filed online, but there are many an aspect to be taken care. The Court will deal with the matter based on the merits of the issue that is highlighted.

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     30 May 2020

Find out a lawyer, contact, consult and engage him/ her when you are satisfied that s/he is capable to file and proceed petition.

Fees can not be decided on line, especially through this platform. Moreover, there is no fixed formula for professional charges (lawyer's fees component) which differs from person to person, case to case and client's capability to pay.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query