Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramasamy (others)     04 October 2011

Advocates act

Dear Sir,

One “X” who alongwith his father “Y” were partners in a partnership firm and his father is the Managing Partner. Thereafter the said “X” has retired from the partnership firm since he wants to enroll himself as an advocate before the Bar Council. Then the said Partnership Firm has filed a civil suit in the name of the partnership firm for praying certain reliefs as against some third parties. Such a civil suit was filed in the name of the said partnership concern but the Plaint and that of related case papers are signed by the said “Y” as a Managing Partner. But the partnership concern has engaged the said “X” as its Advocate to represent and conduct the case before the court of law.

In this regard, I am having a reasonable doubt as follows:

(a)   Whether the said Advocate “X” can appear for the said partnership firm in which he was a partner before his retirement for enrollment as an Advocate?

(b)   Whether the said Advocate “X” can appear for the said partnership firm in which his father “Y” is designated as a Managing Partner who still signing the case papers on behalf of the said Partnership firm?

Kindly clarify the related issues arising in this matter.

Thanking you………..     

Learning

2 Replies

jeetendra patel (lawyer)     04 October 2011

(A) CAN APPEAR.

(B) CAN APPEAR.

Ramasamy (others)     04 October 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind response for my Query......

So the "misconduct" as mentioned in the Advocates Act will not attracts the said "X" eventhen he conducts the case infavour of the said Partnership Firm in which his father "Y" is still acting as an Managing Partner.

Once again I convey my heartiest "THANKS" for your earliest clarification for my Query....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register