Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ketan (manager)     13 January 2011

advise needed

Hi ,

My father in law is having a property , House , in his name but from last 25 years his sisters son is staying in that house with out giving any rent. As earlier they do not have any money to rent a house so my father in law's father allow  her to stay , but later on they did not move out and from last 25 years her son is staying there . and now they are not paying any rent and laso my father in law is paying the electricity bills and other taxes for that property. His sister also got property from his father same as my father in law in the same area but his son never moved to that place as they rented it to some school which they are not getting it back. Now the som of my father in law's sister is having his own house and he is having to sons and all of them are earning well but they are not leaving the house.

We have not yet filed any case againest them w ehave just requested them to vaccant but he is not willing to move out and my father in law is not that bold to file a case.

What is the best possiblity to get that house back and how much time it will take.

We have all the leagl papers and the ownership papers. Now the value of the property is very high thats why he do not want to vaccant .

Please help me as my father in law have 2 daughter and one sister is working in mumbai and my wife and I am staying out of India.

Please help to give some advise on this.

Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

daman preet singh (advocate)     14 January 2011

as your father in law is legal owner  of the house as sister son has no claim in the house legally niether they are tenant, so he can get the possesion of the house but only through due course of law. so it is better to resolve the matter throgh arbitration if  no fruitful result is  obtained then you should move to court of law and file the case for eviction

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register