Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naseer (administrator)     30 November 2011

Advice needed on fake doctor practicing medicine

Hi,

I wanted to know how to report a fake doctor practicing medicine. Running a clinic in our area.

Actually the doctor has done MBBS and has passed the bachelor of medicine . The name which he has displayed on the board is like XYZ(i don't want to mention this). I filed RTI application seeking details from his college and they said that nobody passed from this college by this name. I went straight to the college from where he has completed the MBBS and upon request they gave the entire register to search. While searching i got the record of him and the name displayed there was something different like QWE(not the name which he is actually displaying on the board). So i filed RTI again again the college authorities provided all the details of this QWE candidate with photo.

I went straight to Electoral office and upon request they provided the list and in this list his name is mentioned like (XYZ) actual name what he is displaying on the board.

Upon further verification i got to know that while getting admission to MBBS he took the documents of his friend(like in 3 idiots he completes degree on his friends name, same case is there), as he didn't finished his PUC.

What steps needs to be taken to Report this Fake doctor, can i file FIR with police, or do i have to approach directly to the cour.

Whatever details are with me obtained are through RTI(attested copies from college and electoral office) and i m not falsely accusing a doctor. Please suggest

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 November 2011

It is believed that you are doing this for the good of society. In this case degree of doctor is not fake and a quack is at least not practicing medicine and playing with the lives of innocent citizens. He has committed an offence.   

Has this doctor displayed his registration number on his board, or on his letterhead/Rx slip?

You can lodge complaint with State IMA, IMA and they shall do the needful, concerned medical college, state medical council...............and all this should be sufficient to nail him. You can lodge a complaint with police commissioner on the strength of documents you possess and ask to issue arrest order and do not let him close down the clinic and disappear.

Naseer (administrator)     30 November 2011

Yes the doctor has not displayed any registration details inside the clinic as well as he has not mentioned anything on the Rx slip.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 November 2011

If you are sure that you have all the docs and proofs you can lodge  complaint/report. If you feel it apprpopriate you can approach/leak to media.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     01 December 2011

Reporting to IMA is the only option.

They would verify and take appropriate action.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register