Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aneesh (junior executive)     13 February 2016

Advance deduction of profession tax by employer

Dear Sir,

I have joined in a private firm (Coimbatore,TamilNadu)as a PRO in Nov 2016.In the month of january 2016 the employer charged Rs.1250/- as professional tax for a period of six months (from Nov -Apr 2016) as per my tax slab.But I have drwan salary only for 3 months from the date of joining.In my knowledge, tax is to be fixed on the basis of earned salary.When I enquired about this,the employer said that tax is to be paid in advance.Is it legal?if Not what is to be done?Request your advice in this matter. 

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 February 2016

You can submit your complaint through this website. www.ccmc.gov.in

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     21 August 2016

I am of the view that your employer is within his  rights to deduct part of your 6moths salary of  Rs.1250/ towards payment of advance taax lathough Rs.1250 is a bit high.. It diesn't matter whether you've earned  that salary or not or only earned 3 months salary.According tobudget latest if you fall in a particular taxslab june 15 is the last dy for payment of advanced profesional tax. If not payed in June then september 2016 with lTE FEE ON 30% SALARY OF ADVANCE TAX IS PAYable.. iF YOUR EMPLOYER HAS  NOT PAID THE ADVANCE TAX THEN WITH LATE FEE YOUR ADVANCE TAX PAYMENT WOULD'VE BEEN MUCH MORE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register