LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anubhav Malik   01 May 2019

Accused absconding in 138 NI ACT

I have 4 cheques bounced total 6 lacs . Deal was done in Delhi but after that i had to shift to Tamil Nadu . I presented the cheques in Tamil Nadu and filed 4 cases accordingly . Accused�s mother filed a normal written report that his son is missing ( after the date of cheques and before the case filing date ) . His mother on whatsapp tried to negotiate with me for 25% of the total amount and denied . ( A valid proof of liability) Its been an year now. His family is not receiving summons on his behalf as he is legally absconding. His family saying we cannot come to Tamil nadu from Delhi on every hearing and accused is missing even we dont know where he is ( but they actually know ). I have is Pan card , adhar card and vital info . He is nowhere active now . Living discreeetly. What shall I do next ?

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 May 2019

Your lawyer is most appropriate person to guide and proceed.

If you feel, may contact me (on appointment) at:  Ch. No 647, Lawyer's Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, New Delhi-110075 Cell # 9891152939 email: majjagdish@yahoo.com

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 May 2019

or depending on the amount at risk, engage private detectives and avail such professional guidance that was offered to you.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 May 2019

How was the statutory Notice served on the accused? How was the summons served on the accused?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register